P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
11181181
Type Your Question Here...

I have e-mail apparently from Yahoo Internet Lottery saying

I have e-mail apparently from "Yahoo Internet Lottery" saying I have won GBP280000. I couldn't find contact address on Yahoo home page .
They claim lottery is organised with MSN and AOL. This sounds too good to be true.
Category: General
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
It is. it is a scam. Ask yourself...did you enter this lottery? Do you have your ticket? Does the number match?

Unless you can answer yes to all three, RUN AWAY...it is a scam. Not to mention the fact LOTTERIES NEVER EMAIL WINNERS with results.

More info here

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/lotteryscam_Yahoo2.php

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.