P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
11181181
Type Your Question Here...

we won a $20,0000 kitchen in a drawing from a major home furniture

we won a $20,0000 kitchen in a drawing from a major home furniture store. we were required to bid and if winer pay amount bidded upon contact and be prepared to accept delivery next day. we did. we met all the requirements but the store began to give excuses4 exact. Seven days later they suggest that we would be better off having our bid monies refunded as well as our delivery fee and just call it a wash. They said delivery seemed to become complicated. Not due to anty thing on our end. We were just waiting to recieve it.
Category: General
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
How much money did you pay? What state is this in? Is the store going out of business?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
$7000.00. MICHIGAN AND NO. IT IS IKEA
Thanks

Well, I suppose IKEA will not be going out of business...so you can certainly demand they honor the terms of the original agreement. If they refuse, you can sue them to force them to comply with your original agreement. However, I suspect once you file suit they will make an attempt to resolve and deliver your furniture

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.