Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney, Public Speaker, Honors Graduate USMA.
Type Your Question Here...

I have an old Brass Fire Hose Nozzle made by Elkhart Brass

I have an old Brass Fire Hose Nozzle made by Elkhart Brass Mfg. Co. that is 50+ years old .( it was called a suicide nozzle ) What is it worth.
Category: General
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 7 years ago.
Hello joe and welcome to JustAnswer.

I was not able to locate a source which provides a value for the nozzle you have. However, the Elkhart Brass Company is still in business and has a website at:

If you contact them directly, they may be able to provide you with an estimate of the value of your nozzle. Since it is more than 50 years old, it is also possible that they might want it for their own historical purposes. Many companies are now trying to re-acquire examples of old products which were not kept at the time they were manufactured.

There are also a number of fire hose nozzles being offered on eBay, including some Elkhart nozzles. I cannot tell from your description or those in the eBay ads whether or not any are the same nozzle you have (though I suspect not). You might want to check these out for comparative value purposes:

Thanks for asking your question here on JustAnswer and good luck finding a good value for this unusual item. If you have any other questions, please let me know.