Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

how much will it cost me to run my name through the comuter

looking for warrants
Hello,Customer

It can cost anywhere from $15 to $100, depending upon which site you choose to use and run your name through. This is an example of one, which seems to have reasonable rates:

http://govarrestrecords.com

You also might try going to 'Clerk of the Courts' for the County in which you live or believe there might be warrants out for you (enter in Google), and find if they have a free online search feature re: their court system.

You also might find this article interesting:

http://www.articlesbase.com/criminal-articles/arrest-warrants-how-to-find-criminals-in-your-area-751081.html

I wish you much good luck!

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can theses sites be trusted?Customer
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

Honestly, I couldn't vouch for the reliability of any sites online, having had no personal experience with them, but the clerk of the court or other government sites in your county or state are reliable.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
when you go ynto the gov site is it save and can i remain anymous on them?Customer
Hi again,

The information should not be saved on their end, but if you're entering your name, you're no longer anonymous. I thought of this 'drawback', also, but I've put my own name and names of friends into the gov't sites looking for any court cases pending, etc., and was never apprehensive about it; however, if you do have outstanding warrants, I could understand you not wanting to put your name into the search box. But, if you do it from a computer that doesn't belong to you (a friend's?), or at a public place, like a library, university or internet cafe, there's no way to trace you.

Please understand I'm giving you information from my experience and to the best of my knowledge, but can't guarantee any anonymity if you should choose to put your name into a search on a government site. I believe it SHOULD be alright, but you can never tell.

Cher