........, ...........
Experience:  ........
Type Your Question Here...

how do I braid motorcycle levers with leather

Customer Question

Category: General
Expert:  ........ replied 7 years ago.
Hi Steven,

You can just buy the leather covers.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi brian,

thanks for getting back to me but I already know that I can buy lever covers online but not braided. I am looking for an answer that will instruct me to braid leather over the levers. steve
Expert:  ........ replied 7 years ago.
We are bike techs not leathersmiths. I will see if I can get you directed to the right dept.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi brian,

when I came onto this site I thought I would find someone who would know about braiding the levers on my cycle. I guess not but you said you would try and find me the right person, I appreciate that and will look for your response...thanks...steve
Expert:  ........ replied 7 years ago.

Yes, we are here in this category to work on bikes, but the only part of that in your request involving us would be location of such a part, installation or removal of such a part, or the levers.

You really are needing like a book or website on the basics of leathersmithing. The braid is basic work and having the right piece of meat for your application is critical.

I have worked seats/toolbags with baseball glove leather and I would not want to try it for a braid unless soaked. I think like bullwhip type leather is what I would try to find.

I however am not an expert in leatherwork and I have opted out of your question, and submitted for a category change to get your question to the right expert. We have over 100 categories here and many experienced experts, I'm pretty sure we'll get you set up.

Thank you for using JA and have a great day.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you brian for your help.