Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Hello, I am sending DVDs to film festivals all over the

I am sending DVDs to film festivals all over the world, and I need a way to burn "Region 0" DVDs.

I have a LaCie Lightscribe external DVD drive in addition to my Mac internal DVD drive.

I can't figure out how to change the region settings. If using the external LacIe drive as a "Region 0" burner is the best way, how do I change the region settings?

Or, alternatively, is there a better way to get this capability?

If I need to buy something, fine. I just don't know what!

Thanks!
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

If you already have the files you want to burn made into an "Image File" or (.ISO), you could use DVD Decrypter which has capabilities to burn it in the region setting you need.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_dvd_decrypter/

If your files are in the .VTS format, you can use a program called 'DVD Shrink', which also has variable region settings.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_dvdshrink/

I hope this helped. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Cher,

I accidentally bumped the keyboard, so I'm not sure you got my answer to your clarification query.

Did you get a message from me a couple of minutes a go?
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again,

No, I didn't get your reply.

Cher

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay, thanks. Here it is.

I actually don't know what VTS and ISO are. (Though I've been searching around a bit since seeing your reply.)

Basically, I usually have a QuickTime movie file that's about 5 minutes long. I've been using the Mac iDVD software to burn the DVDs, so I'm usually just importing the QuickTime file into iDVD.

I could export my short films from FinalCut in other formats besides QuickTime.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again,

From the research I've done, your LaCie Lightscribe external DVD drive, should be set, by default, to 'Region Free' which also means 'Region 0'.

In the iDVD program, there should be an option, through 'preferences' of choosing your Region.

If all else fails, you can convert your QuickTime movie to an MPEG, and then use a program such as NERO to burn it in Region 0; however, when you convert a QuickTime file, you can sometimes lose quality.

Cher