James, Internet Researcher
Experience:  5+ years business management.+Years of study in law, politics, history, religion, certain sciences.
Type Your Question Here...

How can I find out where a person is employed

Customer Question

Category: General
Expert:  James replied 7 years ago.
It depends on the person and who wants to know. The best way it to hire a private detective, but that is expensive. If they work for a government agency their information may be public record, but you would have to know that first.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I thought there might be a web site on this matter. From what I can see from your answer there is't any.
Thank you but your answer did not help me.
Expert:  James replied 7 years ago.
I know that, there really is no database of who is employed where. If they are lawfully employed, the IRS would know,in most cases, but they don't exactly just give information out about people to others. If the person has filed a lawsuit against their employer or a complaint with an administrative agency-some jurisdictions make that public record, some it's harder to get a hold of. I can't recommend any illegal ways by which you could deceive a person to divulge this information under false pretenses. In most cases it is legal to take someones trash once they leave it at the curb, they have abandoned it, you might find check stubs, bank statements, if the person doesn't shred or otherwise destroy these, or any other article that may shed a clue as to where someone is employed, but these are not things I think you would want to do.
sorry I couldn't be of more help, it is what it is. thanks.