John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant
Experience:  I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
154910
Type Your Question Here...

Is there an official fellowship of christians who reject the

Is there an official fellowship of christians who reject the writings of paul?
Category: General
Expert:  John Henderson replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. I am willing to work on your request, but I need to know a little more? But we need to set the stage...

If I answer your question, click the accept button then ask another question. You can always ask for me directly if you chose.This is the agreement I have with them and I MUST BE HONEST with them!

I have studied comparative theology in one way or another for 40+ years. First, I DO NOT ARGUE. Second, If we are going to have a dialog about faith issues, it can only be here on JustAnswer.

Now, in an effort to answer your question, I need to know where you have looked for an answer and what you have found to date. I do not want to re-do what you have already done.

Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hey John;

Thank you for replying to my question. To be truthfully honest, I really do not care for theology as such. I understand theology top be the study of what men think about God,but I really care mainly for what god thinks about man,in particular ....me! In private and prayerfull study of the New Testament I began to notice a seperation in teaching that contrasted what Christ says and what paul decreed to the churches in asia. So I began to search for more info on the the subject. I found a plethra of authors who deal with with the Jesus vs. Paul idea most supprisingly I was comended to the authorship of Thomas Jefferson,but I found no evidence of any fellowship of believers like my self to whom I might be able to "test the spirits to see if they are of God". I have no list as of such of the web sites i have traveled to ,but I have not met any confimation of such a group. I have seen opinions of individuals who seem to hold these views in common but even they have profered no evidence of an Anti-Pauline fellowship. I hope you can find some one to help me with this, but I fear If such a group does exist they do so in secret out of fear for public riddicule. Happy hunting John.

HiCustomer

For the sake of brevity, I'd like to shorten your "name" to hfj, unless you have a real first name. Mine is John and you are free to use it from here on.

Theology is simply "the study of God". As for disputing the writings of Paul, that has been done in verious forms for 2000 years and only for the purpose of discrediting Christianity.

You stated that your main concern is what God thinks of you. You can study all the texts, essays and writings you want about Pauline issues, and NONE will help you know what God thinks of you!

You need to understand something when you study the bible. And by saying this, I have come under much criticism in the JustAnswer arena. As there are many different available translations of the Holy Bible, it is still the most authoritative source on the subject of personal theology which is what we are discussing. I prefer the New American Standard to the King James version, because it is easier to read. For accuracy of text, I prefer the Geneva Bible that was compiled before the King James version and is hard to fine. A web site called Americanvision.com has a tremendous selection of resources.

As for what God thinks of you, I am attaching my personal statement of faith, then I will wait for your response.

STATEMENT OF FAITH
John & XXXXX XXXXX - Chaplain

We Believe In...

...The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct, and;

...One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and;

...Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His divine miracles, His physical/bodily resurrection, His ascension, His sole position as mediator between God and man, His personal/physical return to redeem His Church in power and glory, and;

...The salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit by faith and apart from works, and;

...The Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling at the time of salvation gives the believer the power to live a holy life to witness and work for our Lord Jesus Christ, and;

...The unity in the Spirit of all true believers, the Church which is the true Body of Christ, and;

...the resurrection of both the believer and the lost; the believer to eternal life and the lost to eternal death.

We Also Believe that...

...the only criteria by which we call ourselves Christians is our relationship to the One True and Living God, who is the Lord Jesus Christ and the evidence of that relationship as seen in a genuine change in our lives as a result of the regenerative work of the Holy Spirit that allows us to demonstrate the Fruit of the Spirit which is unconditional love manifested by Joy, Peace, Patience, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness and Temperance.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hey John; While I respect your stance on theology,and generally agree with your statement of faith(accept where the general cannon of scripture is concerned), I am very much still needing to find a resolution to the question. I am seeking any fellowship with born again believers in Christ Jesus who recognize the doctrine of paul of tarsus as the tares sown in the wheat of scripture. Perhaps if I explained why I beleive this so strongly, it may help you find such a group for me. Be aware that I am still searching on the net as well,but lack the experience to do so efficiently. Now in matt 24:23-26 our great king(I specify" our because of your statement of faith. Christ says that anyone who hears his word and believes in the father is reborn john5:24,I also am a believer!)warns the original witnesses,a.k.a. the disciples that false teachers would come claiming that he would be anywhere other than where he promised he would be,...........preparing a place for us. Specifically he says in verse 26 if they say he is out in the dessert not to believe that person. In acts 9 paul is noted as meeting Christ in the dessert as a light from heaven. That is clue #1. In 1 john 4:2 the church is instructed to test the spirits to see if they are of God,by confession that Christ is come in the flesh. This means Jesus our great king is even now a literal flesh and blood human man. Now this is not the description paul testifys to of our great king. As a matter of fact in the epistle to the Galatians 1:12 he testifys he did not receive the gospel from any man but had it revealed to him by Jesus Christ. He failed the spiritual litmus test. this is clue#2. In summery ,I believe that Only Jesus of Nazareth is the divine word of God,and only he alone has the words of eternal life,he handpicked original witnesses to testify to his authority and disciple his teaching among the people of earth. He was gracious to warn them that his message would be subverted on the earth by false teachers who may even deceive his own witnesses (mark 13:22) and gave them clues to help determine who these teachers are. It is also my opinion that there is no circumstance or situation in this life for which our great king did not give instruction about or a remedy to in the written testimony of the gospels by those original witnesses. That is to say Christ covered every thing with his own word and his own word is sufficient to leading a truly effectual life in him. Every thing else is vanity. If you can find a group of believers who share this same vein, I would gladly fellowship with them. Grace and peace John.

Can I assume that your name is XXXXX XXXXX?

This may take some time, so I will seriously research and, in the mean time, take a look at: http://www.apologeticsindex.org/ this guy has been around for several years and, to date, has my respect in that I have yet to read anything that would negate my respect.

Give me a day to look for info and I'll post my findings as soon as possible.

XXXXX XXXXX (as soon as I see your reply, I will get started)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanx john , by the way my name is dave.

Hi Dave...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. You made a reference to Acts 9

Your direct quote is... " In acts 9 paul is noted as meeting Christ in the dessert as a light from heaven. That is clue #1. In 1 john 4:2"

Are you not aware that Acts was not written by Paul, but by Luke, the same author of the Gospel according to Luke. Acts 1 is "The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,"

The former treatise refers to Luke's Gospel. Dave, there has been, almost annually, an effort to undermine the accuracy and authenticity of the bible. People more intelligent than me have spent their lives studying the word.

In answer to your original question of a fellowship of believers who deny the canonicity of Pauls writings, there is not one, but several. They are the same one who deny that Jesus is God. Rather than spending your time trying to dispute Pauls writings, just get to know him for yourself.

Hope this helps, Josh McDowell wrote a book called "Evidence that demands a verdict". It is the best book on apologetics written. Josh set out as a law student writing a thesis to disprove the bible's accuracy only to be convinced otherwise.

In Christ,

XXXXX XXXXX

John Henderson, Consultant
Experience: I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey john: thanx for trying. I know about luke,I also know that luke was not a disciple of Christ,he was a doctor who lived and worked in Antioch. Mark also was not a disciple of Christ. He learned the gospel by peter and left for paul. Then after time left paul and wrote his gospel under peters tutelage. I am simply seeking fellowship with men and women who believe that Christ taught his original 12 who were given the commission of the gospel,all one needs to know to live a truly effectual faith. I have studied abroad with about as many denominations as one may find in a phone book,and have discovered that the main dividing theology between them all has nothing to do with the teaching of the living Christ,but rather multiplicity in the teaching of paul. For the record Joshua a.k.a. jesus the anointed/Christ is my hero and he owns me for he is my lord god and king. I beleive that saran used a man named saul from tarsus to subvert the teachings of Christ in ignorance. My great king told his apostles that they would know by there fruit who is of his word. new wine come from grapes. grapes do not grow on thorn bushes. beware the thorn in the flesh. I beleive that Joshua the anointed alone is the only complete and infallible word of God,and to give a simple book a work centuries in the making the homage of such a title is not mere blasphemy,but is in all ignorance idolatry. the bible is neither complete, or infallible or there would not exist such a wide plethora of versions. Again I thank you for your time andif there is no additional information on this topic I humbly accept your answere.