Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
Type Your Question Here...

on 4-1-09 I was injured at my job. I went to doctor as advised

on 4-1-09 I was injured at my job. I went to doctor as advised by my employee. Was put on restricted duty but was able to work. on May 8, Dr. ordered an MRI of injury. Before I could get appt. for same, May 11 I was asked to resign my job, and was dismissed. I signed nothing. Can I still get my treatment for injury? And if I sign paper can I still get unemployment even though I was forced to resign!     XXXXX XXXXX
You are still entitled to compensation for your injuries from your employer's workers compensation insurance company even though you have been terminated. As long as you were working there at the time of the injury, you are entitled to workers compensation benefits from that employer.

You may be able to get unemployment if you were constructively discharged, meaning you really had no choice but to resign, but that the termination of your employment was through no fault of your own.