Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

can you return a used car purchased with the three day cancelation contract in F

My parents purchases a used car (senior citizen) and was taken advantage of by the seller, paid too much for a not so good car. When we looked at it, we knew they were taken advantage of and would like to know if they can return the vehicle and get their money back by returning and canceling the contract within 3 days
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

Yes, usually there is (in fine print) information on the contract stating that it may be cancelled in writing, within three days of purchase, and money will be refunded. Of course, other submissions may be necessary, to accomplish this, but I would act immediately, to start the procedure. If there is anything on the contract that states "no returns, vehicle bought 'as is' " or something similar, this would be a different situation.

If you are not sure about the wording of the contract, you can contact a local attorney to help you.

I hope your parents get their money back with no problem!