danny541
danny541, Top General Researcher
Experience:  Just enjoy researching in all areas.
Type Your Question Here...

How do I obtain just the last four digits of a social security

How do I obtain just the last four digits of a social security number for free?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello,Customer

You can't obtain the last four digits of anyone's social security number, unless it's your own. If you have lost your social security card and/or forgotten your number, you can contact the social security administration at 1-800-772-1213, or call your local office, which you'll find in your phone book.

If you are seeking to find out someone else's last four digits of their social security number, this is illegal and cannot be accomplished.

Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No it is not my SSN but a relative whom I am trying to locate. This is NOT needed for any type of criminal activity, and I do believe that there is SOMEWAY to get these numbers. There has to be a public application or SOMETHING to that effect to accomplish what IM trying to do.

SORRY you were unable to help me. You gave me an answer someone already gave to me but also said "it is possible" Your answer is not worth the cost.

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,

You are not obligated to accept my answer if you did not find it helpful.

I will opt out and leave your question on the open list for other experts' answers/opinions.
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Even if you are trying to locate a relative, you can not by law get a SS# XXXXX belongs to someone else.

If they have died it should be on the death certificate, but according to the law, no one can give you someone else's number for any reason!

Its possible if you open another question and close this one that if you give all the information that you know on this relative, that they can try to find them for you.

They would need a full name, age, last known state they lived in or address, any children's names or brother/sister names could help!

But according to the SS laws, they can not give that number to anyone.

Unless the person would do it illegally!

danny541, Top General Researcher
Experience: Just enjoy researching in all areas.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you! Take your 9 bucks, drop me from your site.

I obtained that information.

Just another scam like the rest.

Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
If you need to find this relative, why not give us the information and let us try to find them!

We do not wish to take money from anyone who is not totally satisfied with their answer!

We are giving you the correct information! Call SS and they can tell you the exact same information, they will not give out information to anyone except the person the number was issued too!

We want to help you!