Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How do I find out if a passport has been issued in my name

Customer Question

How do I find out if a passport has been issued in my name?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.

You can go to your local passport office, show valid identification and ask them to look up if a passport exists in your name. You might also try to get the information over the phone, but I think you would have to prove your identity, first, so a visit in person, might be best.

I wish you much good luck and hope you find the information you need.

Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What proof do

i need to supply?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What proof do

i need to supply?

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply and your accept.

I was not online when you responded, so I thank you for your patience.

You'll need to show a photo ID, like a driver's license, a State Identification card, if you don't have a driver's license, and sometimes a second proof of identification, like voter's registration card or a credit card in your name, a rent bill or electric bill in your name at your address. You might also show your birth certificate.

Call your local Passport Office and they will tell you what you need to supply as proof of identity.

Cher (no further information is needed, I'm only sending this as a request for information so you're not prompted by the system to click 'accept' again)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how any times must I click accept before you recognize it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I accept!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How many times must I accept before you recogbnize the answer?
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,

Your accept has been recognized and appreciated, and I mentioned it in my last reply and thanked you for it. If the system is requesting that you accept again, that is an error and I will report it to the Moderators. As I mentioned, I sent my last reply (after you accepted) as a 'request for information', even though no info was needed, just so the system would NOT prompt you for another accept.

I will send this reply in the same way, but no reply is needed.

If you continue to experience a problem with the system still asking you to click 'accept', please contact Customer Service at:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX and they will help you resolve the issue.

Sincerely,
Cher