Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

Where can i go to seel my barn wood

Where can i go to seel my barn wood?
HelloCustomer welcome to Just Answer.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you want to do?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I live in Watertown WI. My barn is an L shaped one. It is nearly completely fallen down.. My husband would like to sell as much of it as possible. Possible uses include but are not limited to, artisan projects, siding or the many 100 year old beams perhaps on someone's ceiling. We are not sure how much we'll have yet.

When I tried to find a buyer 3 years ago, I rec'd one response from a barnwood website and she never wrote back after I answered her ques re color.

A buyer would have to come out here and pick his/her choice and my husband could get it or help him/her get it. We would be asking for compensation per foot.

The first thing to do is to put an advertisement sign in front of it, and a second one at a place with lot of traffic the closest possible with your address on it.

Then, register it on and and You can put photo of it there so you minimize those calling and coming for nothing (it's easy to do).

Prepare a small paper to have them sign it to protect you from accidents and injuries responsibility.

If the roof is metallic, call your closest metal recuperation company and ask them for phone number of some itinerant metal collector.

A barn is quite big, don't expect to sell it in one shot at one client. Have them pay in advance to reserve lots of plank or beams. Give them a delay to come get the stuff.

This is something that have almost no value outside a 200Km radius, so concentrate on locals. Have the word of mouth run the streets.