Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
11297241
Type Your Question Here...

How can I track down the family of my deceased father in Spain. I have an inheritance

I was born in Cuba. Left Cuba in 1961. Last month (Feb) I sent a friend to my neighborhood in Cuba to video my old home. To my amazement my friend found someone there who knew me. This old neighbor told my friend that 3 years ago "someone" from Spain was looking for me.
My old neighbor did not take note who this person was. My deceased father was a native of Spain and it has to be that I'm connected to his inheritance. How can I track down the survivors of his family and find out what's the inheritance I'm entitled to. My email [email protected]   or    [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  Lady Themis replied 7 years ago.

If you know where your father died, you can contact the probate court there to determine if a will is being probated and how much your share is. Other than that, you would have to hire a private investigator to track down your relatives or look in Spain's equivalent of the white pages.