Jennifer SR
Jennifer SR, Consultant
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Exp. Manager, Great Research Skills
Type Your Question Here...

What is the budget of the CIA

What is the budget of the CIA?

The budget, as well as the number of employees, of the CIA are not available for the public. However, the CIA is one of 16 agency's that has a combined annual budget of more than $47.5 billion. In 1996, there were only 4 intelligence agencies, including the CIA that shared a pot of money that totaled $26.6 billion.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to give you an exact number, but hopefully the total intelligence budget will be useful to you.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Jennifer SR -

Thank you very much again for your answer to my question about the CIA's budget. I hope you receive my earlier message to you thanking you for your help on this quite difficult and obscure issue, insofar as the CIA's budget figure is one of the very

best-kept secrets in all of official Washington.

In the era of the Cold War, the CIA and its defenders in Congress used to maintain that if this budget figure were made public, "the Soviet Union would know what we are doing," etc., etc. But the Cold War has officially been over since 1991 when the USSR was dissolved. But the CIA budget figure is still kept Top Secret.

Thank you once again for your answer. Please let me know that you received this message this time. Thanks.

Hi Louis,

I did receive the message. Thank you so much for the bonus! Please let me know if I can be of assistance again in the future.