Lev
Lev, Money-Tax,Investment,Collectibles
Experience:  Three years with HRB
870116
Type Your Question Here...

how often should I charge my golf cart batteries

Category: General
Expert:  Lev replied 7 years ago.

To keep the batteries longer - do not run them completely down before charging. It is preferable to keep batteries fully charged all the time.

If after the short use - you do not plan to use the cart for a long time - it is better to recharge; if you will continue to use it - no additional charge needed.

Any recommendations are base on of estimated use - if you use one hour - the recommended charge time is two hours.

As a rule of thumb - the charge time is:

-- 6 - 8 hours after 18 holes of golf

-- 4 - 6 hours after 9 holes.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is not the charge time I question, because the charger will shut off by itself when it is fully charged. I need a rule of thumb as to whether of not to wait until the battery is fairly run down before charging it. I have been told to charge the battery every time I use it, no matter how long it has been in use.
Expert:  Lev replied 7 years ago.

To charge the battery every time it was used - that is a rule of thumb we should follow.

To keep the batteries longer - it is preferable to keep batteries fully charged all the time.