Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

lost keys and lost the combination to my brinks 5074 safe and

lost keys and lost the combination to my brinks 5074 safe and the battery is dead.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi,Customer and thanks for your question.

Brinks is now Honeywell. If you no longer have the manual that came with your safe, which would provide the combination, you can contact the company at 1-800-223-8566 and request they send you the combination and a replacement key; you would have to provide the serial number for the safe. Their hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 4:00PM (Pacific Time); or you can contact them by e-mail at:[email protected]

Honeywell's website address is

I hope you're able to open your safe after receiving the necessary information/key from the manufacturer.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for answer, I will call them Monday and try to get a replacement key, hopefully they will have stock for my model of safe. Anyway if they can't help me with the problem, are you still going to charge me for the fee?

Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, and you're most welcome for the information.

In answer to your question, this is how the site works: you make a good faith deposit in order to be able to view the answer. If you found the answer helpful, you choose to click 'accept', and the SITE gets paid their portion and I get paid mine. If you choose not to click 'accept', your deposit stays in your Just Answer account for future use.

The information in my answer is also provided in good faith, after spending time researching your problem, and if the information was NOT helpful to you, you are not obligated to click 'accept'. However, please keep in mind that when I send your answer, I can't vouch for the helpfulness of the company I recommended you contact.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

I hope you're successful with the company, when you call on Monday.