Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I want my name,address and check card number removed from any

Customer Question

I want my name,address and check card number removed from any MLM that has information concerning me.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

You will need to contact each organization and ask them to remove your information from their lists. If you gave a check card number, and you feel that money may be withdrawn without your permission, let your bank know that you want to cancel that check card and receive a new one. You might have to close your current checking account, to accomplish this, and then open a new account with a new number and get a new check card.

I wish you much good luck!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

UndecidedI've done this before. Is there any other to resolve this problem? My bank keeps on accepting them and charging me with overdrafts.

Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply and your accept.

The only way to resolve the problem is to close the account(s) these charges are associated with, and open a new account with a new number, which you give to no one. Your bank can't keep accepting/paying out charges, if the account number/check card number doesn't exist.

If you've asked these companies to take you off their list and stop charging your check card, and they continue to do so, call your State Dept. of Consumer Affairs and your State Attorney General, to report them and register a complaint.

Good luck!