danny541
danny541, Top General Researcher
Experience:  Just enjoy researching in all areas.
4284543
Type Your Question Here...

How do I get a burnt smell or taste out of food in food

Customer Question

I made 4 gallons f turkey soup and the soup on the bottom burned. I did NOT stir it, but when I removed the soup without disturbing the soup on the bottom, the soup had a burned odor & taste. Is it possible to add something to remove this smell and taste?
Category: General
Expert:  danny541 replied 8 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

I have found the best way to get rid of the burn taste and the odor is to put a spoonful of peanut butter in it and stir until dissolved!

Others say add a potato and that does work with pinto beans, but not other soups, also for sauces it works great!

Try it and see and since its 4 gallons of soup, you might need to add a little more to get the desired result, I usually have 1 tsp. per gallon, but make sure for yourself by adding a little at a time!

Remember to click the green accept button, so I get paid for my answer! Until you click only the site gets paid!

Also positive feedback is a great way to say thank you!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will try the peanut butter today. I'll warm up the soup for lunch and see if it works, if it does work I'll accept your answer and you will be paid. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it works!!
Customer
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry but I cannot accept the answer. I removed a quart of the soup and added 1/4 a tablespoon of peanut butter, I let it melt and stirred it very well but it still had the burnt odor and tatse. I then added another 3/4 tablespoon of peanut butter, to make it a full tablespoon. After the full tablespoon, it still had the burnt odor and the burnt taste, excpet now I could then taste some of the peanut butter.

sorry I can't accept your answer, I wsh it had worked so I could accept it.

Expert:  danny541 replied 8 years ago.
I just got another idea from a cook and they said to add a little curry powder a little at a time until the burn taste is gone!