Tracy, Internet Researcher
Experience:  10 years in internet researching. I will answer any general info I have knowledge about.
Type Your Question Here...

how can I find the identity of a photo

No Comment Added
Category: General
Expert:  Tracy replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I suspect that the person I have met on an on-line dating site may be a fraud and want to check the true identity of the photograph he sent me.
Expert:  Tracy replied 8 years ago.
Do you suspect it's a picture that has been altered or do you think he is showing you a picture of somebody else and saying it's him?

What dating site are you using?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I suspect he is showing me a picture of someone else and saying it is him. He has sent me various photos - a couple of him on his own, one of him and his daughter and one of him and his dog. The on-line dating site is
Expert:  Tracy replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your answers.

Without asking him or friends of his, it would be hard to tell if the person he is showing you in the photo is him or somebody else.

You have to be very careful when giving this person too much information just in case they are trying to scam you. There are so many people out there that set up online dating sites, they seem like a great person, you exchange photos (real or not), and it is all fake.

I would suggest asking him some questions about the photo. When was it taken? How long have you had your dog? What breed is it? Tell me more about your daughter? I'd love to see pictures of your vactions. Etc... See if he can send you this information and keep the all the answers consistant. If he tells you he doesn't have vacation photos or any more to send you, this may be a red flag. If you suspect anything suspecious, report it to and have them research it a little more.

Good luck with everything and please let me know if I can help further.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I know all this thank you Tracey. Someone told me that I could google the photo and get the true identity of the person in the photograph. Is this not the case?
Expert:  Tracy replied 8 years ago.
Does the photo have any information?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No - just photos
Expert:  Tracy replied 8 years ago.
HERE is a google photo site where you can search photos. You can type in his name, but unless he has them uploaded to this site, it won't have what you're looking for.