Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate, United States Traveler, Information Finder
3546829
Type Your Question Here...

Can you check the authenticity of Mr. Michael Tetteh ...

Customer Question

Can you check the authenticity of Mr. Michael Tetteh (Immigration of Ghana officer). and of Rahel Akuffo, (edited for privacy) Accra, Ghana.?
Category: General
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

Can you tell me how you found out about these people?

Did they contact you first? If so, how? (by email?)

It is very important to know this information before I begin.

Thanks,

Scott

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I first met Rahel Akuffo on 12/9/06 on a dating site with the name of CupidJunction. Her handle (name) was sigzil. She said she was an Asian lady. Then I found out more than a year later that she was black. The pictures she sent me were definately of an Asian Lady. We immediately started to chat on yahoo messenger for well over a year. This was the third time she was coming over to the US to meet me. I received a phone call from Mr. Michael Tetteh (Immigration of Ghana Officer). He told me she was stopped by Immigration because she had a bar of gold in her baggage. Her uncle Mr. Joseph Wooves said she was bringing it for me for a surprise gift. I have never heard from her since. The last time I spoke to her uncle on the phone he said she was sent to prison until her fine of $10,000 USD is paid. then she will be released and will continuue on her way with the gold bar. If she was stopped because of the gold bad then why would they give it back to her to continuue on her way? I am sure this is a way of trying to get more money from me. Mr. Tetteh said he though that her uncle planted the gold bar in her luggage so Rahel would get caught and put in prison. There is suppose to be much gold left to Rahel from her father, Derreck Wooves Akuffo. Derreck Wooves Akuffo is listed to be Wanted by the Ghana Police Service along with Rahel. Joseph Wooves and there family Barrister Marhsoso Sadic. I don't know what to believe. The thing that I am mostly concerned about is the welfare of Rahel Akuffo. Let me know if I owe you any more money. I became ill and have been in the hospital and that is why I didn't continue to correspond with you about his matter. Actually I had a heart attach and survived. Lucky me. I would like to still find out the authenticity of Mr Michael Tetteh and what really happened to Rahel Akuffo. I also wonder about her so-called uncle Joseph Wooves is he for real. (edited for privacy) Anything you can do to help me would be appriciated and let me know how much it costs.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

Glad to hear you are doing well after medical trouble :)

First, you don't need to pay me anything until you are satisfied. At that time, you can press the "Accept" button to pay me.

Now, to the point: You are the victim of a SCAM. I promise. 100% scam.

I'll be somewhat blunt, but here you go:

There is no Rahel Akuffo. (there is only someone operating "her" email address, sending you pictures of some random Asian woman, etc). There is no Joseph Wooves, no Michael Tetteh. They are all fake people controlled by very cunning people who want to take your money. They make up these stories about jail and gold to get your attention. Also, don't feel bad that you fell for it, because many people have fallen for it. They send these emails and dating requests to 1000's of people per day.

There is no gold, there is no money. These people are either out to take your money or to steal your identity -- or both. Please don't ever give them information such as your bank account numbers, social security numbers, etc. If you have already given them this info, we'll need to take additional steps to protect your identity and money.

This link will be very helpful to confirm what I am telling you:

http://www.osac.gov/Reports/report.cfm?contentID=39785

Please read through that US government page very carefully.

Please, please, please, avoid all contact with them from now on. Regardless of what you do, you will not get money, and you will not find love. Do not answer their calls, do not contact them. Do not worry about the welfare of these people, since I promise you, they don't actually exist.

Another couple links for you: http://ghana.usembassy.gov/wwwhscam419.html , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_Scam

Let me know if you have any questions,

Scott

Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience: MIT Graduate, United States Traveler, Information Finder
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess you told me exactually what I did not want to hear. I am totally sick. I hope I don't get another heart attack. I guess I won't survive another one. I guess my heart proplems stem from all this scam. I lost approximately one hundred grand in which I have all the western union and moneygram receipts of this. I don't imagine there is any way of getting any of this back through either the Ghana or our government? Ok I accept and I thank you. How much do I owe you? Again Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This will be a diffeent card where do I give you this information for a differant card?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I accept this answer. this is the second time I receive this so now I have eccepted it twice. I want to use a differant card than the one I used before where do I give you the imformation of a differant charge card? XXXX XXXXXX
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

Oh my goodness, that is really horrible! You'll be in my thoughts now, that's for sure. Please don't have another heart attack.

Although you probably can't recoup your losses, you can certainly post around the web (on those dating sites, specifically) to warn others to stay away from such schemes.

Though you won't get your money back (I'm truly, truly sorry), you can contact the US state department with this email and explain what happened: AccraCon@State.gov You can also report it here: http://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

You can add/change your Justanswer card here: https://www.justanswer.com/secure-expertask/CC_Form.aspx?addfunds=t

Again, I am so sorry about this, and please let me know if you want to talk about it any more.

Thanks,

-Scott

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have some different questions now about a completely different matter. What information can you give me about O.A.Travel and Tour Company from Accra, Ghana and an agent that works for them by the name of Mr. Owusu Richmond. Email:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Postal Address: Post Box 206, Berekum, Brong-Ahafo Ghana, West-Africa. Also Rose Amoah, same Postal Address: P.O. Box 206, Berekum, Brong-Ahafo Ghana, West-Africa. Can you find out if they are scammers, is the travel & tour co. legitimate and is Mr. Richmond really an agent for them. Rose is someone that I have been chating with very often lately and I question if she is going to try to scam me because she is starting to talk about money. She hasn't ask for any but I want to be perpared if she does. She seems to know this Mr. Richmond quite well. It seems strange that they share the same Postal Box. At first she told me she didn't know him well. Then I asked her how come she shares the same box with someone she doesn't really know. Never got a straight answer. So I wonder what information you can find for me.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for writing back!

Can you tell me how you first came in contact with these new people?

Thanks,

Scott

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I first met Rose Amoah on a dating site. She immediately started to say she loved me and I thought that sounded so familiar to what happened to me in the past. How can a person love another when they don't know them?. Her father was supposedly dead and she lived near her mother and her twin sister in Berekum. She asked me if she came to this country if I would marry her. My reply was I would love to get to know her better but I have try it out before I agreed to marriage. Now she always calls me her husband. It is only about a month and a half that we have spoken. It is also strange that she has an uncle Joseph just like Rahel Akuffo did. Could I be talking to the same person again? Since I sent the mail to you earlier today an email came in from Rose and she is now asking for $500. She said she needs it to go to Accra and the person she first didn't know that well, Mr. Richmond will book her on a flight to US to meet me, her husband. This sounds more and more like what I went through with Rahel Akuffo. This is the first money Rose has asked for. I don't know if I correctly stated about this Mr.Richmond. Rose forst said she didn't know him just heard about him helping people. When I realized that she had the same PO Box I questioned her about that and she never really answered the question. I hope this helps you. Let me know if you need any other information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for the extra details.

I am positive that you are dealing with another scammer. If you send the money, they will just ask for more money, and you will never actually meet this person. In fact, "Rose" probably doesn't exist. She is likely a fake person created by the scammers to try to steal money from their victims.

I'd highly recommend reading some of the stories posted here: http://www.bustathief.com/dating-scam-internet-dating-fraud/

This page specifically mentions Owusu Richmond as being involved in these scams: http://www.stop-scammers.com/guestbook/default.asp?PagePosition=11

Please DO NOT send them any money.

-Scott

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Something I forgot and left out that might be important. Rose Amoah asked me to send her that $500 on the 3rd of next month. Just like she knows that is when my SS check comes in. I know I never told her that. I never mentioned anything about any SS check. It just seems strange that she asks for that money on the 3rd of the month. Thanks again, John Mendrek
Expert:  Scott replied 6 years ago.

You are definitely correct -- that is important. I'm 100% sure that this is another scam. If this "Rose" isn't the same scammer as last time, it is quite possible that the scammers talked between themselves and decided that you would make a good "repeat" victim.

Again, please don't send any money to them.

-Scott