Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate, United States Traveler, Information Finder
Type Your Question Here...

can you find out about a lawyer in accra, ghana by the name

goes by charles asidu. he is supposedly represernting a client by name of XXXXX XXXXX, aka stephen mensah, aka stephen clik, who is supposedly in jail there. this has nothing to do with any winnings. i am trying to help a friend find out the truth..
Hi there,

I see you have been asking the experts many questions about people in Ghana.

May I ask you how you and your friend came in contact with these people in the first place?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have actually been in contact with one, and all these lawyers are supposedly trying to help me help this person...but i don't think they are real. i don't see any of their names on the list of lawyers there. thought maybe I don't know where to look exactly. but no way will I get involved with them in person.....and i never use my true information...if you don't want to find the answers, it is ok..just tell me
I'm doing some research for you... but first, please tell me how you got in contact in the very first place.

Please let me know this important fact: did they contact you first (if so, how? by email, phone, something else?), or did you contact them first?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
phone and email....they contacted me first
and this supposedly lawyer called my home from this phone # XXXXX xxx xxxx
That is *very* helpful, especially that phone number ().

One more thing... do you still have a copy of the very first email you received? If so, can you post it here for me.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Sorry, I do not have it. I lost all my emails I had saved and all the pictures I had on my computer...and since then I have been printing any thing I want to keep for later.
Hi there,

I'm not sure if you want to hear it, but these are scammers. You should not trust them.

First of all, anything reputable would not initiate contact via email. These people send out tens of thousands of emails hoping to hear back from someone who they will then try to scam you out of money or other important identifiying material (bank account numbers, SS numbers, etc).

Here is some info that might help you.
That phone number is XXXXX known scammer phone number. They are calling from an international number, and this is what will show up on your phone:

Next, let's talk about Stephen Mensah (or his other aliases)... That name is XXXXX XXXXX common name used in African scam emails and messages.

These people are known scammers. They make up sad stories and fake names to try to, in the end, take your money or identity.

They will do everything they can to make you believe them. But please don't. Even if they haven't talked about money, at some point, they are bound to ask you for your bank info, or for other info about yourself. Please don't give it :)

Please feel free to reply to me if you would like to talk about this more...

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
xxxxxxxxxxx is another number he calls from...this is weird...but no way will they get any important information from me. They have asked for it but I am not that crazy....
I am about to get m a new phone number..and new email.......thank you so muc...and if I may ask, do you get these kind of questions from others, or am I the only nut around...wy do they pick on me...i get several of those emails each day and i just delete them

Yeah, those 973 phone numbers are very commonly used by the scammers. They buy special international phone cards to make it look like they are calling from New Jersey, when in reality, they are calling from Africa.

Personally, I have helped quite a few people with "suspect" emails and calls. I know some of the other experts at JA have worked with people as well on these. You are not the only one, by any means. In fact, I have gotten these emails myself! (I delete them as quickly as I get them, and you should do the same in the future Smile).

I'm VERY relieved to hear that you haven't given them your important info. It's much better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the accept and feedback, and please feel free to come to Justanswer in the future if you have any other questions,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much....when I saw the number I thought it was my financial advisor calling me. He is in New York and is completely honest...not a scam...and his number is XXXXX area code....
and also I thought maybe the scammers pick on widow women and how they even found out, maybe they don't know...but is just weird...yes I delete any thing I don't recognize and it is always in spam...Thank you so much