Dee
Dee, Research Specialist
Experience:  35 yrs in Art Industry, Gallery owner, Illustrator, Designer, Teacher, Private Firm Researcher
Type Your Question Here...

I am seeking a list of women-oriented organizations ...

I am seeking a list of women-oriented organizations (networking, associations, organizations), as any organizations that offer benefits to it's members?   The internet has too many resources and I am lost looking at them. I have a new custom baby jewelry business and I'd like to market this to them.    What's the best way?
Category: General
Expert:  Family Physician replied 6 years ago.
Can you describe what you mean by "custom baby jewelry"?

What is your target market segment (mass market, high end, inexpensive)?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
mass market, moderate price, and its custom for each person's child or baby
Is this for the child or the mother (the jewelry)? If this is for the child, have you had any child safety testing done?

Could you be a bit more specific in your definition of "moderate" price? (Everybody thinks of moderate a bit different)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
both mother and child...it is a combo package

$40 for price
I would suggest that you FIRST have formal testing for safety done to prevent any lawsuits that could result if a child were to get injured (a part breaking and being inhaled by a child), or some toxic substance in the jewelry.

For the marketing piece, I am going to ask another of the experts to help you: Please be patient, I think she is still online this evening.

Please DO NOT accept my answer - Wait until she has an opportunity to answer your question - then you can accept her answer...
Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience: Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The jewelry has been certified by the Child Care Agency that governs all baby and children's products. We have a certificate of approval on what we can offer and not offer.
I'm glad to hear that you have had this reviewed for safety.

Unfortunately, the other expert just send me an Email informing me that she didn't think she would be able to help with this question. I am going to opt-out and see if someone else can help you with this
Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can anyone else help? I am waiting for answer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Really bad service!   I waiting for answer!!
Expert:  Dee replied 6 years ago.

Hi Grace,

There's a couple of choices you have,. I'm going to give you a few suggestions and maybe one will fit into your needs. If you have not tried to sell one of your items on Ebay, I'd suggest you give that a go. It will determine the market need, price and how well your item will do.

There are also a couple of wonderful sites for getting your item out there. The first is a Blog Network. You can join and market your product there. The second is is a Baby product trade network. Also a join site.

Perfect Baby Gifts | Mom Blog Network – What Moms Are Talking About

Baby Products Trade Network - Baby Products Exporters, Baby Products Importers, Baby Products Suppliers, Baby Products Buyers..

There is also a site which I'd like you to check out called Ruby Lane. www.rubylane.com . They offer pay sites for resale items.

If you have not considered it already a small website with your products would be a super step to take in getting the bracelets out there. Once your site is up many baby/parent site will be willing to exchange "banners" with you. Meaning: If you place their website on yours they will do the same. Sometimes you are not required to place their site on yours. This is one of the best marketing tools the internet has to offer. And for a small monthly fee you have a store of your own with the possibility of adding more products,

www.godaddy.com has some very competitive site rates and an easy to design do it yourself site.

Best of luck to you on your new adventure!

If there is anything further I can assist you with, feel free to ask.

~Dee

Dee, Research Specialist
Experience: 35 yrs in Art Industry, Gallery owner, Illustrator, Designer, Teacher, Private Firm Researcher