MsWest, Senior Research Associate
Experience:  Experience in research, genealogy, writing, real estate law, business, finance, health.
Type Your Question Here...

It has been brought to my attention that barak obama ...

It has been brought to my attention that barak obama will not salute the american flag and will not recite the "pledge of allegence", Why?
Category: General
Expert:  MsWest replied 8 years ago.

Hello, percy, and welcome to Just Answer!

According to some, he will not salute the American flag because of his loyalty to another country. However, at this point in his campaign, it is more likely he IS saluting the flag, because if he did not it would absolutely kill his chances for election to the office of President.

As far as reciting the pledge of allegiance, it is said he will not because he is Muslim and does not believe in God, who is part of the pledge . . . "one nation, under God." We also think he is currently most likely participating in the pledge of allegiance.

After doing extensive research, I find many, many conflicting stories regarding Obama's "true" religion and his true intentions. There are numerous articles accusing Obama of "hiding" his true Muslim loyalty. Some even go so far as to say he is being totally dishonest and is trying to infiltrate our government . . . all the while having loyalty to the middle-eastern Muslim community and NOT to the United States of America.

On the other hand, there are many who believe he has good intentions, is loyal only to the United States, and is a Christian as well. Actually, one rumor regarding him and his beliefs (and that he was sworn in at one time on the Koran and not the Bible) began because of another case regarding someone else and is explained here:

Obama's religious history is also discussed here, saying he became a Christian in his 20s:

More about his religion and his views is in this New York Sun article:

Because there is so much conflicting information, it is impossible at this point to know the truth about both Obama's religious affinity and his true intentions in regard to becoming president of the U.S.A. Of course the opposition wants us to believe the worst.

We all must use our own best judgment in this case. Do we think Obama is now truly a Christian? Or do we believe he is saying this to sway the vote, and he is really a Muslim with no true loyalty to the U.S.A. and her citizens? Is he totally honest in his quest to become President? Only time, and whether he is elected, will tell.

This is a hard one to call. I, for one, will be very careful in choosing for whom I will vote.

I hope this answers your question, but if you need further information please let me know.

Thanks for trusting your question to Just Answer.