MsWest
MsWest, Senior Research Associate
Experience:  Experience in research, genealogy, writing, real estate law, business, finance, health.
5099353
Type Your Question Here...

Im looking for Great Grandmother Named Doris Waid,

Customer Question

I''m looking for Great Grandmother Named Doris Waid, all I know is she had a husband named walter waid and a son named Micheal Lee Waid can you HELP!
Category: General
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

I am looking for that information right now.

Anything you may know will be helpful. In the meantime, I will be back shortly, but I'm having internet connection problems at the moment, so please bear with me.

Thanks!

Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

So far, I've found XXXXX XXXXX Waid, married to Araminta Josephine Heckel on Oct . 21, 1907 in Cordell, Oklahoma, USA.

They had two children, who are living; a son and a daughter. Please tell me if any of this is familiar, so I will know if I am tracing the correct family line.

If the above is correct, then I will go back further to find your great-grandmother from here. If not, I need to go with another family line.

Thanks!

EDITED TO ADD: I just found the same information, as above, but with the name "William" instead of Michael, so this may not be the right family line at all.

Can you tell me the states where any of the people, great-grandmother, her husband or son, were born or where they lived when they passed away? Also, any dates at all will help . . . birth, death, marriage. Anything you may know will be a clue so we can find the right family. Thanks!

MsWest, Senior Research Associate
Experience: Experience in research, genealogy, writing, real estate law, business, finance, health.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MsWest's Post: Hi I guess I was alittle impatient, Sorry My Dad Micheal Lee Waid was out of Oregon and I believe My Great Grand Father was from West Germany- Walter Waid and My Great Grandmother Doris Waid I cant tell you. I think I need to go down and get a Death Certificate of my parents. (Both)My Parents were married in the city of San Jose California @ St. Patricks Catholic Church in San Jose off Santa Clara St. on Easter Sunday. I think in 1966 my Mothers name isXXXXX also known Lupe Benavidez. I cant begin to tell you , about how much closure I need to this. My mom only had one child and thats me Cindy Lee Waid born Dec. 21 1967. My mom died when I was 7yrs. and my Dad died I believe when I was 13yrs. old. Bless You for your time.
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy,

Thanks so much. I will keep looking and see what more I can find. If I can find more that matches the information you've shared with me, I'll let you know right away.

I will do all I can to find what you need.

Take good care,

Janet (MsWest)

Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Cindy, were you born in Santa Clara? I think I have found your own records and am trying to work back from there. The birth record I think is yours shows your mother's last name as Benavide. Do you think that may be correct?

Thanks!

Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

I found your mother and father's marriage! Tell me if this information rings true: Father, Michael L. Waid, born about 1944. Mother, Maria G. Benavidex, born about 1947. Married Santa Clara, April 10, 1966. It all fits, right? I will go from here.

More information: I found your father - XXXXX XXXXX Waid, born July 26, 1943 in Oregon. Died Jan. 7, 1984. Mother's maiden name - Davis. So we need to find your father's parents and then that father's mother. We're missing a whole generation it seems. I will keep searching.

Thanks!

Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Cindy.

Please let me know if all the above seems correct to you. I will continue searching but am stopping for today. At the moment, I'm at a dead-end, but I will find more for you. I will being searching again tomorrow.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MsWest's Post: oK HERES THE DEAL MY MOM WAS A TWIN AND WAS BORN SEPT.19TH 1946 AND HER NAME ISXXXXX FROM CORPUS CHRISTI, TX. I NEED TO CLARIFY THAT I AM LOOKING FOR MY GRANDMOTHER NOT GREAT GRANDMORTHER. YES MY DADS MOM MAIDEN NAME ISXXXXX ADDRESSXXXXXAPT.30 SUNNYVALE.CA 94086. MY GRANDMOTHERS HUSBAND NAME ISXXXXX MY DADS SS# XXXXXNNN-NN-NNNN I WAS BORN IN SAN JOSE @ SAN JOSE HOSPITAL ON SANTA CLARA ST. SO THE MAIN QUESTION I WANT TO KNOW IS, DO YOU KNOW WHERE DORIS DAVIS WAID LIVES? AND IS SHE ALIVE? I WILL BE GLAD TO PAY YOU ON FRIDAY.FEB.15TH 2008. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT IAM AM NOT ASKING FOR TO MUCH. WORDS CAN NEVER BEGIN TO EXPRESS HOW MUCH THIS IS APRRECIATED. THANX CINDY BY THE WAY LAST NAME ENDS IN A "Z" NOT AND "X".(BENAVIDEZ) MY MOMS MAIDEN NAME.
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy!

Thanks so much for the additional information. I was thinking great-grandmother, so now that you've cleared that up, it should be much easier, I hope.

I will search more this evening and see what I can find.

Thanks!

Janet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
tHANK yOU SOOOO MUCH
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy.

So far, I'm not finding her, which may be a good sign. This may mean she is still alive. Hopefully, that is the case. I will continue looking for her. I need to research with different sources for a living person than for one who has passed away, but right now I'm still looking for just anything at all about her.

I will let you know as soon as I find more information.

Take care,

Janet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MsWest's Post: Hi Janet, well I was hopeing that you would have found her by now. I just have this gut instict that she is still alive. Another question to keep in mind is do you know where my dad Micheal is buried let me be specific. I tried Oak Hill Cementary but nothing on Micheal. I guess you can say I'm at a dead end and I know that I have reason to trust you because youve helped me. Like I said words can never begin to explain how much this means to me.. Thanx Cindy
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy,

I still haven't found your grandmother and, as you mentioned, I too have the feeling she is alive. That makes it a bit more difficult to find her, but I haven't exhausted all my resources yet, so let's hope I come across something soon.

I will look for your dad's burial place.

Thanks,

Janet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Janet I'm logging out for now I'm exhausted I have a 12-14hr. day tomarrow. So I will probably not be on tomarrow. I will shoot for Thursday. Thanx Cindy
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy,

Do you know if your grandmother, Doris, was from Pennsylvania? Also, do you think she was about 33 years old when your father was born? I have found some records, but I'm not sure if they are the correct person. They show an address from 1986 in Palo Alto. Does any of this ring true to you?

I'm still looking for more on your dad.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to MsWest's Post: I cant begin to even tell you any of the 411 you have asked me. I'm truely sorry. but I guess we can try, is there any place of contact and if so can I have a number. Maybe I can call and ask and see if she knows a Micheal Lee Waid. It wouldn't hurt I'll call and as for pennsyvania. On my Dads death certificate wouldnt it say last known address? My grandmother always lived with my dad they were inseparable. But maybe palo Alto does sound right. We can try> Thanks Cindy
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

I am afraid I don't have the good news you are hoping for.

I think it is the right person, because for some reason it shows a Social Security Number that is also listed as your dad's SSN by one source. That number isn't the one you gave me for your dad. But, because they are the same number, I think what I've found is Doris' record of death. I am so sorry to say I think it is her, as I know how much you are hoping she is still alive.

Maybe because they lived together, somehow there was a confusion in their records with the SSNs.

I will still keep looking for more on both your dad and your grandmother. Here is what I found:

Name:

Doris Waid

SSN:

NNN-NN-NNNN

Last Residence:

94301 Palo Alto, Santa Clara, California, United States of America

Born:

28 Dec 1911

Died:

Mar 1986

State (Year) SSN issued:

Pennsylvania (Before 1951 )

Please don't give up all hope. I will find whatever else I can.

Take good care,

Janet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Janet, we'll we both might be right, Iam going downtown to public records tomarrow. Its my day off and I will surely let you know. You can stop searching for now if you like. I will see if I can get my dads last known address and see where it leads me. Once again Thank You. I would like to know about figure what amount do I owe you?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Janet, Have you found out where Micheal is buried? I called Mesa cementary in palo Alto Ca to see maybe if I can see if she was buried there. Nothing! Very discouraged!! HAve to go Cindy
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy,

I haven't been able to find any burial records, and I've searched cemeteries and obituary archives.

You don't own me anything more.

I will keep your information and will let you know when I find more.

Please do let me know what you find.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX care,

Janet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The only question is why? Why cant I tell you what I have found? To late I just put $25.00 on the account.
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy,

You already paid the $15, and I thank you very much for that. My post above had a typo - I meant, you don't owe me anything more, not own me.

And, yes, please do share what you find. It may help us to find even more information.

Thanks,

Janet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanx I think first I will go down to public records tomarrow and see what I can find and keep you informed.Thanx Cindy
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Janet, well I'm exhausted and I'm Happy to say that I found my Dads Birth Certificate in Medford Oregon. I haVE ordered it and it will be in the mail. I went to recieve my Dads DEATH Cert. today and the social Security is the one you gave me for Doris. So the Birthdate for Doris is the 28th of Dec. 1911, yes Pennsylvania, thats what it says about her on my dads Death Cert. but I have another problem I have 2 names Oliver Wendall Brown & Walter F. Waid so Am I a Brown or a Waid is a question I just may never know... Very Confusing and frustrating but I'm starting from the bottom and trying to see some daylight..@ the end. Doris Died in March do you have a date, time and Place of death?you said 1986. I'll be online later take Care Cindy
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy,

I found this today, with just a little more information. Note the birth date is 1913 on this and not 1911 like the other one.

Name:

Doris D Waid
[Doris D Davis]

Social Security #:

NNN-NN-NNNN

Sex:

FEMALE

Birth Date:

28 Dec 1913

Birthplace:

Pennsylvania

Death Date:

13 Mar 1986

Death Place:

San Mateo

Mother's Maiden Name:

Thomas

FATHER'S SURNAME:

Davis

Do you mean she may have been married to either Walter F. Waid or Oliver Wendall Brown? I'll go look right now and see what else I can find. I'll check back shortly.

Thanks,

Janet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes that is true, about the 2 men. My husband and I are doin a timeline. I have a Baptism record from Medford, Oregon. saying Micheal L. Waid was Baptized August 8th 1943. and the Baptism was dated Sept 3rd 1955 by a Rev. Robert J. Tomisser Pastor So What conclusion I've come up with is on this Baptism Doris has her name Doris Davis and Walter F. Waid. So maybe they were never married. Right now I just want to find my grandma Doris and place of buriel. From what I found out today my dad was cremated and doris had his cremation then she took them home. So I dont even know where he is Maybe in the garbage. Sad but maybe TRUE.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I forgot to tell you that SS# XXXXX have for my dad on his Death Certificate is Doris Davis SS# XXXXX So I have to have the death Certificate amended. Some long process and very time consuming. I'll try and get on tomarrow. Thanx for EVERYTHING!! How you do this is amazing. for me its exhausting!!! Tomarrow Cindy
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy,

You're VERY welcome. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your search for your family. At least you now have some information, although I know it's not what you hoped for.

That is so odd that they got the SSN numbers mixed up like that. But, that is what gave the clue to me that the Doris I found was the correct one. I did find her in a couple other references tonight, but there is no new information . . . although her date of birth varies from 1911 to 1913, back and forth. It's hard to know which is the true date.

Do you still want me to try to find out about the Walter F. Waid or Oliver Wendall Brown deal? If your dad's name was Waid, I think Walter must have been his birth father, don't you think? So you would be a Waid by bloodline, and regardless of whether your grandmother was married to Walter or to someone else, it doesn't matter as far as your own genealogy, does it?

Cindy, I know how difficult this has been for you. I hope that somehow, even though we have not found what you hoped, that all you and I have discovered will give you peace.

If I can be of more help to you, please let me know.

Take good care,

Janet

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Janet, I believe I would like to know about my grandfather Walter F. Waid and I believe he is from West Germany. Thats all the information I have so far. Like I said once I have my dads Birth Record in front of me I can give you alittle more info but yes please do see what you can find out. I know you said Doris died in San Mateo, Do you know what cememtary? and was she married at the time because on Olivers Death certificate it says that he was divorced. Thanx Cindy
Expert:  MsWest replied 6 years ago.

Hi Cindy,

I will do more research but may not be able to do it until Monday. I will check back in with you when I find something more on either your grandfather or grandmother.

Thanks,

Janet