Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate, United States Traveler, Information Finder
3546829
Type Your Question Here...

best way to get to Gershwin theatre from Penn Station NY

The best way, either on foot, cab or subway to 50th street and which subway...to get to Gershwin theatre in NY

Welcome to JA!

How quickly do you need to make it from Penn to the Gershwin theater?

-Scott

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Scott's Post: The play is at 3pm on a Sunday and I will be doing lunch at the Sheraton on 53rd...so I will have plenty of time.

Ok, great!

Depending on the weather, my first choice would be to walk. If you don't often go to New York, it could be fun to walk up 7th Avenue through Times Square. Depending on where you go out of Penn, you'll either be near 7th or 8th Ave. Walk north (the streets will be going up). You'll be starting at 34th St, and going to 53rd St., and it is almost exactly a one mile walk.

If the weather is bad, or you don't feel like walking, I'd recommend taking the Subway. It will be a lot less expensive than a cab. In Penn Station there are signs for the Subway. You should take the E train north (towards Queens). Take it 3 stops to the "7th Avenue" station. When you go outside, you'll actually be right at 7th and 53rd.

NY Subway map: http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

Let me know if you have any questions. If not, thanks for pressing "Accept".

Scott