John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant
Experience:  I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
154910
Type Your Question Here...

where can i get vintage clothing for resale

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: General
Expert:  John Henderson replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. I am working on your answer and it would help me to know:

What city/state are you in?
Is this for a play or do you just love old styles?
Where have you looked?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem.
Please reply as soon as possible so that I can answer your question intelligently.

XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: I live in brooklyn, new york. I am attempting to start an online buisness to share my love of old fashion, as well as to make a profit. i've bought many pieces on ebay, but they end up costing so much thath they defy my purpose of selling clothes of style and substance at a reasonable price. I want women to reject the fashion trends that are sold to them (usually at very high prices) and discover a new way of looking chic without spending a fortune.
i have been told to go to estate sales and have registered with lycos auctions to be informed of estate sales, i have written to many sellers on ebay an unfortunately it seems noone wants to share their secrets. I have been to consignment shops but again some pieces are priced so high, theres no point. So do you have any ideas?
Thanks
maria
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i asked a questio yesterday, i have recieved no answer, do not charge me.
Expert:  danny541 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer !

I see where the expert didn't get back with you, do you still want an answer ?

Sorry, I had a family emergency.

My suggestion would be to contact movie studios or local play houses and ask if they will be selling off old wardrobe collections.

Also, there may be a localsenior retirement community that caters to actors etc.

I could build a web site for you and help with marketing. The site could be a clearing house for clothing from periods like the 20's - 40's - 60's etc.

Let me know - I love a good challenge.

XXXXX XXXXX

John Henderson, Consultant
Experience: I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
Expert:  Edward replied 6 years ago.

I have some suggestions that can provide you vintage clothing at bargain prices. Yard sales and estate sales are always a good place to start. Most newspapers list these type sales in their classified section. You might want to post a want ad in the newspapers and Craig's list. This can often yield free clothing people are wanting to get rid of. Thrift stores such as Salvation Army and Good will may be another source. Watch for estate auctions. I have purchased vintage clothing at these for a dollar a box full. Any classified can yield some very good finds. I have had several people responding to my want ads that had homes of relatives that had passed away and offered the vintage clothing for free just to get it out of the home. Good luck with your venture and do not forget eBay sales. Remember great pictures are what make the items sell there. People want to see what they are buying and will pay a premium price if you have what they want.

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave feedback.