MsWest, Senior Research Associate
Experience:  Experience in research, genealogy, writing, real estate law, business, finance, health.
Type Your Question Here...

My sister borrowed a set of family photo books 3 year ago.

My sister borrowed a set of family photo books 3 year ago. In the mean time she passed away. I have no idea when she got them, or what happen to them and I never saw them. What is my responsiablity

Hello, craigik, and thanks for asking your question on Just Answer,

Well, actually a lot depends on who is involved. When your sister took possession of the photo books, at that time she took responsibility for them. I do not see how anyone else could be held responsible for the books.

You mention that you have searched the house - did you live with your sister? Is that perhaps why you feel you may be felt to be responsible for the photo books?

Even if you lived in the same household, it was your sister who borrowed the books. You are not responsible in my opinion.

My best recommendation regarding this is to simply keep looking for the photo books. If they are found, great. If they are never found, that is unfortunate, but there is really no one at fault in their loss. Since your sister has passed away (my sympathies), there is really no one to hold accountable for the loss of the photo books.

I hope this helps relieve your mind a bit. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. I hope you find the photo books!