MsWest, Senior Research Associate
Experience:  Experience in research, genealogy, writing, real estate law, business, finance, health.
Type Your Question Here...

About my drug test

I took a urine drug test for my job a few days ago that was sent off to the lab for testing. If I snorted and rubbed cocaine on my gums about 2 weeks ago, will I test positive for cocaine and fail my screening?
Category: General
Expert:  MsWest replied 8 years ago.

Hello,Customer and thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

How long cocaine can be detected in urine depends on whether you are a chronic user. If you use cocaine regularly, it can be detected in a urine drug screen for up to 3 weeks after your last use. It also depends on how much you used 2 weeks ago. The more you used, the more likely it would have still been detectable.

Here is a website that shows how long various drugs can be detected in a urine test:

I hope this answers your question, but if you need further information please let me know. Otherwise, please click the accept button.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have not used any kind of drugs since about 5 months ago.This just happened to be a drunken relapse. Do you think since it had been so long since I had any drugs in my system that I am okay?
Expert:  MsWest replied 8 years ago.

I think you will most likely be okay if this was the only time since 5 months ago.

Remember that if they drug screen you for hiring, they will also do random drug screening if you do get the job. It's something to really think about, because I'm sure if you get the job, you want to keep it.

Best of luck with the results of the test.