Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate, United States Traveler, Information Finder
Type Your Question Here...

what is the value of a 1901 morgan silver dollar and who ...

what is the value of a 1901 morgan silver dollar coin and who should i sell it to

Welcome back!

Do you know the condition of the coin? Do you know what the mint mark of the coin is (D, P, etc.)? These are very important in determining its value.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes it is in very good condition and is a has the mint mark P if there is any more info you might need feel free to e-mail me back asking for more information I also have 7 1943 steel pennies which are also in the same condition and have no mint mark could you plese give me the value of all of these coins together and who i should sell them to THANKS

Here is a 1901 Morgan dollar in very good condition. It is going for about $23:

This one is probably in better condition than the one you have. It is going for about $50:

The steel pennies can go for about $1 or so each, depending on the exact condition:

Ebay and coin dealers are the best bets for selling them. You can try selling them on ebay. If you tell me where you live, I can search for some nearby coin dealers.

Personally, I would keep the coins. They are a great keepsake and typically will go up in value over time.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Scott's Post: what is the highest value penny and the highest value coin overall

Do you mean if the coins were in the best possible condition?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes sir

Ok. Keep in mind that the condition of the coin is one of the main factors in determining the value of the coin.

Here is a 1943 penny in uncirculated condition for $25:

Here is an uncirculated 1901 dollar for $2500:

Does that help?