Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.
Type Your Question Here...

Who was Laura F Osborn(e) and what did she do

There is a high school in Detroit Michigan named after her, since the 1950's. Thanks. {:-)
Hello Jeff and welcome to JustAnswer!

I am unable to find online information about her. She was a teacher, her full name isXXXXX and you may find a rare book on her here:

Also they have a broXXXXX XXXXXnk at Clarke Historical Library of the Central Michigan University. I believe they have a hard copy of a book about her, here's the webpage of the Clarke Histotical Library:

...and here's the record:

Osborn, Laura Freele. Laura Freele Osborn; Detroit's Tribute to a Great Citizen. Detroit, MI: Laura F. Osborn Memorial Committee, after 1955. 16 p.

Hope this helps and have a great day!

Laura F Osborn (1866-1895) was a noted suffragist and a campaigner for school reform and temperence. She was a member of the Detroit school board and the first woman ever to be elected to any office in Detroit. Some of the reforms she successfully instituted include: school lunchrooms supervised by trained dietitians, special programs for children with special talents, special instruction for handicapped children, visual education, health education, and classes in manual and domestic arts. She devised better business methods for school administrators and insisted upon fire-proof school buildings. More info can be found here:

Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience: I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.