John Henderson
John Henderson, Consultant
Experience:  I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
154910
Type Your Question Here...

I have four figurine type doo dads and the only ...

I have four figurine type doo dads and the only markings on them are Heidelberg bottle people by Cieo 7-71. I would like any information that I can get on their origin. The set includes an East coast fisherman, like Silas Mariner, a policman like an English Bobby, a farmer and a cowboy. Can you help me? Thank you so much for any help you can give. Earleen Weitzel [email protected]

Thanx for asking. Are they ceramic or glass?

How big are they? It is hard to access information without seeing them.

There should be a museum or antique store near you. If you can contact the folks at the Antique Roadshow and ask them for an itenerary, they may be in your vacinity.

John Henderson, Consultant
Experience: I own a research business that provides latest data on a variety of topics.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: These figurines are about 10 inches high and about the size of a bottle for beer or similar size. I can send you a picture of them if that would help. They don't appear to be ceramic but maybe with a material made very stiff with a type of stiffiner so they can be painted. They would come under the classification of being draped with some type of material. They are very crude and not very refined but are in the class of ugly but cute. We are very scant in good antique dealers or anyone that could help me. Let me know if the pictures would help any, thanks for yur concern already, I am just very curious about them. Thanks again, Earleen
Are there any marking on the bottom ? Any name on the bottom ? Go ahead and send us the pictures it will help in the search.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Did you get the pictures of those bottle people I sent? Thanks, Earleen
Where did you send the pictures to ?

DearCustomer..

Yes...I got them today. The pix of the bottom is really fuzzy. Can you just draw the letters as you see them from top left to right bottom.

Thanx... I do love a good mystery.

Webjunk

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
BOTTLE PEOPLE
     BY
    CIEO
HEIDELBERG

It is written in a circle on the "cowboy"

The "Fisherman" it only says BOTTLE PEOPLE 1972

The "Bobby" only has Original by CIEO

The Farmer same as the cowboy.

I have seen similar figurines like the cork tops at http://www.rubylane.com/

I'm still researching. I'll keep you posted by e-mail.

Thanx, John "Webjunki" Henderson