John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Type Your Question Here...

How do I bypass the quick login password

I recently changed my password XXXXX have forgotten what it is. There is only one user acct and I am running Windows xp. Please help - I can't get into my computer.

You may be able to login to windows if you have not previously assigned a password XXXXX the default 'Administrator' account. Here is how:

1- Start in Safe Mode by rebooting your computer and tapping the F8 key as soon as computer reboots. When the Advanced Option screen comes up select Safe Mode. Then when prompted highlight your operating system and hit Enter.

2- When the login screen comes up you should see an account by the name of 'Administrator'. Login to this account but leave the password XXXXX empty. That should get you into your computer which will allow you to create a new account or change the current one.

Note: If you do not see the Administrator account listed in the login screen, try pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys TWICE.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I am the administrator, so I think the password XXXXX XXXXX to the adminstator user account. Any help if so? I am at work currently, so I will not be able to try your idea until this evening when I reach home. I will accept you answer right now, because I do appreciate your attention to my dilemma. I am glad I found this nifty service.

Thank you for the accept.

Even if you are the administrator, Windows has a generic account with a user name called 'Administrator' (other than the one you created). So go ahead and try the above procedure.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
John D's answer for getting me past a forgotten login password XXXXX Windows XP was perfect! I am amazed! ...where do you think I am sending message from? Thanks again, John.

Great!. Glad to help, and thanks for the bonus :)