The Geezer
The Geezer, Successful careers
Experience:  Retired Civil Engineer, USC Professor & Realtor, financier
Type Your Question Here...

Religion

Reunion in the afterlife
Category: General
Expert:  Crista replied 6 years ago.
Dear Bill,

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer. In order to provide you with the most accurate answer, it would be helpful to have a little more information.

-It is a little unclear specifically what you are asking. There is no question listed only the phrase, "reunion in the afterlife." Are you looking for a theological opinion on the afterlife in general? Do you want to know what religious sources have to say about relationships with others in the afterlife? Has someone close to you recently died and you want to know if you are ever going to see them again?

Once you provide me with a specific query, I will be happy to provide you with an answer.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I want to know, if a person has been married and widowed, and remarries, what relationship can be expected in the afterlife. I want to know based on religion, not science. I realize your opinion would be pure speculation, but I just need to know.
Expert:  The Geezer replied 6 years ago.
For those who believe in an afterlife, and believe it to be a relatively peaceful one, there are some assumptions that should be readily agreed upon:

* You will meet most, if not all, of your family members (some would believe that if a family member, for example, were an atheist, perhaps they wouldn't be attending the "reunion" - but I believe if there is an afterlife, we ALL will be there)

* People will be more or less the same as they were in THIS life, except perhaps a little wiser, and a little more forgiving

* People will understand the difficult situations that were faced by those left behind and the difficult choices that had to be made

* People will understand that a life with someone who cares for you, even if they were a second wife, is a better life than a life all alone

And so it is my considered opinion that if a person has been married and widowed, and remarries, in any afterlife the first wife will understand and THANK the second wife for taking care of the otherwise lonely guy left behind.

Will you have two wives in the afterlife, then? Yes, as a part of one family reunion.
The Geezer, Successful careers
Experience: Retired Civil Engineer, USC Professor & Realtor, financier