The Geezer
The Geezer, Successful careers
Experience:  Retired Civil Engineer, USC Professor & Realtor, financier
2837397
Type Your Question Here...

how can i cook my brisket, so i get the most meat out of it

i have a bbq restaraunt and we are not getting enough product out of our meat. is there a way i can cook it so i get more profit?
Category: General
Expert:  The Geezer replied 9 years ago.
Restaurants all over America are facing similar issues regarding profit margins. Our favorite shabu-shabu restaurant has this precise problem. As the cost of beef (and everything else) rises the owner is reluctant to raise his prices beyond the magic level (to him) of $10 lunch and $15 dinner.

But I have persuaded him that he has to. If he were to reduce the quality, quantity or flavor of his meals he would soon have SERIOUS profit margin problems, as his customers would go elsewhere.

The same will happen to you - concentrate on making the tastiest, most flavorful meals you can. Don't cut back on quality OR quantity. Raise your price. Give yourself a chance.

If you start reducing quality or quantity you will lose your faithful customers and get few "word of mouth" new ones.

Half a dozen restaurants we once frequented tried the "cut back" approach. They all closed within six months thereafter.

That's my opinion.