John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Type Your Question Here...

HOW DO I FIND THE SQQ. FOOTAGE OF AN IRREGULAR SHAPED PARCEL

I NEED TO EDIT MY QUESTION. SHOULD BE 78 FT ACROSS THE FRONT, STARTING ON THE LEFT SIDE LOT GOES BACK 225 FT AT A 90 DEGREE ANGLE TO THE FRON LINE AND THEN TO THE RIGHT AT ANGLE TOWARDS THE FRONT FOR 125 FT. THEN RETURNING TO THE FRONT LINE AT AN ANLE FOR 213 FT. PLEASE SHOW ALL CALCULATIONS
Category: General
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Is the the shape?

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES, ITS JUST DRAWN OUT OF PROPORTION THE MEASUREMENTS ARE CORRECT
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

The square footage of that shape can be found by dividing the lot into two triangles, finding the area of each, then adding up the two areas.

Triangle 1 - right angle triangle sides 78 and 225

Area = height x base / 2 = 225*78/2 = 8,775 ft2

Next we need to find the length of the diagonal line which is the the hypotenuse D of the right angle triangle:

D^2 = 225^2 + 78^2 = 50,625 + 6,084 = 56,709

D = SQRT(50,709) = 238.14 ft

Triangle 2

Since we now have the 3 sides, i.e. 125, 213. and 238.14, the area can be found using the triangle area formula:

(Area)² = s(s-a)(s-b)(s-c) where s=(a+b+c)/2

Applying this formula, the area of triangle 2 is 13,269.36 ft2

Therefore total area of plot = 8,775 + 13,269.36 = 22,044.36 square feet.

Hope this helps.

John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience: Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
SORRY, SOMEONE ELSE ALREADY ANSWERED, HOWEVER THE TWO ANSWERS ARE NOT THE SAME ABOUT TWO THOUSAND SQ. FT. DIFFERENT
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

But you posted this as a separate question. Besides the first question you posted was incorrect.

Tom, I just re-checked my answer, and I confirm it is the correct answer. Do you want me to send you the calculation detail?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: I HAVE CHECKED YOUR RESULTS AND YOU ARE CORRECT. THE PERSON I ALREADY PAID MADE AN ARITHMETIC ERROR. HE SHOULD GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK SO THAT I CAN PAY YOU. WORKING ON IT.
Expert:  John D replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for being fair.