Ms Chase
Ms Chase, Research Expert
Experience:  Publicity/Marketing, Published Writer, Business Owner, World Traveler
1042561
Type Your Question Here...

Can you dry out a wet mattress

My mattress got left out in the weather while being shipped during a move. It was soaked with water inside. Can it be fully dried out and used?
Category: General
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Lowe,

It has been my experience that even mattresses that have a small amount of water on them is subject to mold, as the covering of the springs, the substance around and in the coils and the substance in the center can get wet and be unreachable. If you can leave it in straight, hot, summer sun for about a week, without it getting wet again, maybe. The last thing you want is to sleep on top of a mattress that is growing mold on the inside.

Chase