Viki
Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.
1680453
Type Your Question Here...

What is the longest baseball game played It was about

Customer Question

What is the longest baseball game played   It was about 1960 and may have been between the dodgers and the giants It may have lasted 26 innings
Category: General
Expert:  Tracy replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer

Timewise, the longest game was 9 hours 52 minutes.

Inning wise, the longest game was 26 innings on May 1, 1920 between Brooklyn and Boston.

You can see more baseball recods here: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/rb_gmlg.shtml

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
That is not what I asked The game was about 1960 not 1920   Maybe it was a less inning but I know because I stayed in car and listened I am quite sure it was a NY team    Please get me the correct answer   Maybe Giants and   ?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
If you cant find it please do not charge me the 9 dollars Do not run the card through I was about 15 years old at that time and heard the entire game     Thank you   Ralph Marazzo
Expert:  Tracy replied 9 years ago.

I appologize, you asked what the longest baseball game played was, so I gave you the answer and the link above.

If you're looking for a game specifically around 1960 for a NY team, and not longest game on record, I am not finding anything.

I will opt out of this question and let another expert find the answer for you.

Expert:  Viki replied 9 years ago.

Hi-

Perhaps this is what you were looking for. The first extra innings game ever played at Shea Stadium was May 31, 1964. It went 23 innings; it might have seemed like the longest game, because it was the second game of a doubleheader that day.

http://forum.officiating.com/showthread.php?t=35975&page=5

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Yes that is what I was looking for   But you didnt tell me who was playing and the final score
Please tell me who and score

Thankyou very much

Ralph Marazzo
Expert:  Viki replied 9 years ago.

Hi-

I'm so pleased it was the right one! The final score was San Francisco Giants 5, Mets 3. I've included a link to the box score for the game: http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=196405311NYN

Thanks for the question!

Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience: I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.