The Geezer
The Geezer, Successful careers
Experience:  Retired Civil Engineer, USC Professor & Realtor, financier
2837397
Type Your Question Here...

real estate - I just saw a listing with a help u sell ...

real estate - I just saw a listing with a help u sell realtor - and he had suggested using him as the one to make an offer instead of my agent which my home is for sell with - who does not take me to see homes.   Is there any danger or hidden expenses I should be aware of - I realize this is not legal advise but I will take any thoughts or feedback - thank you
Category: General
Expert:  The Geezer replied 7 years ago.
The agent who presents an offer that is accepted has earned a share of the commission paid by the seller.

When a seller lists a home for sale, a commission agreement is signed. That commission is due when the house sells. Usually it is "cut up" into two parts, one for the listing agent and one for the selling agent. (The listing agent and selling agent often have to further split their portion of the commission with the real estate agency they work through, but that's a separate matter).

If the agent your home is listed for sale with has not taken you to see any homes, they are either lazy or a fool. If you sell your house that will generate one commission to be split. If you buy another house there will be another commission to be split. Why wouldn't your listing agent want to earn another commission?

Presumably you have not made your listing agent your exclusive agent to BUY a house as well?

It sounds like the "Help U Sell" realtor logically wants to earn both the "listing agent" commission (which he will earn if the other house sells) AND the "buying agent" commission (which he will earn only if he brings the buyer to the transaction). It sounds like your own agent is happy to sit back and hope a buyer appears (which will earn them the selling commission on your house) and isn't willing to work to earn half the commission on your new house.

Use the "Help U Sell" realtor.

And if your listing expires and your house remains unsold, consider using the "Help U Sell" realtor for the new listing. He seems to understand it takes some work to "earn" a commission.
The Geezer, Successful careers
Experience: Retired Civil Engineer, USC Professor & Realtor, financier
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to The Geezer's Post: I am sorry to have waited so long - but something went wrong in my submitting the question and I was waiting to get a reply from "help" before accepting. I went for help before you had even answered it. But have not heard back to resolve the issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
who really did answer my question - the screen showed this man was answering it a "tax expert" the guy behind the tree and this email came to tell me it was answered.
HiCustomer

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. You can Click Here to read my answer and review my qualifications. Please let me know if you need more help with this. And since I'm online right now, I will be able to get back to you shortly.

Thank You,
The Guy Behind the Tree
Financial Advisor
See your Private Message, where I have answered you last note. Thanks for the Accept!