The Geezer
The Geezer, Successful careers
Experience:  Retired Civil Engineer, USC Professor & Realtor, financier
Type Your Question Here...

How can I find out information, good or bad,

Customer Question

Can you tell me any information, good or bad, about a multilevel company called acn? It sells phones.
Category: General
Expert:  The Geezer replied 9 years ago.
Forgive me, any Amway or Avon representatives out there, but multilevel company deals need to be REALLY checked out.

Selling phones? You are going to have a LOT of competition if you get into this "business". AT&T? Verizon? All your other "members" of the multilevel company?

Let me also hazard a guess, there is going to be a cost for you to "join" the organization?

There are links to ACN that explain their business:

Here is a VERY uncomplimentary link:

"...Is ACN a Pyramid Scam?

On 23 March 2005 Justice Selway found that ACN participated in, promoted and induced or attempted to induce persons to take part in a pyramid selling scheme in contravention of section 65AAC of the Act, and that Mr Martin Paech, an ACN director, aided and abetted and was knowingly concerned in those contraventions.

The court also found that Mr Keith Janke and Mr Jonathon Gibbs, two ACN Independent Representatives, were knowingly concerned in and aided and abetted the contraventions, and Gibbschade Pty Ltd participated in the pyramid selling scheme, and attempted to induce other persons to participate in the scheme, in contravention of the Act."

Even if the "business" were legitimate, what is the unique selling proposition that will make people buy a phone from YOU instead of from a more well-known supplier?

Don't get involved with this!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Very happy. I appreciate the web sites because I did not know where to go to find out about this company. Thanks. I will be checking out the web sites right away.
Glad to help.