Don, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Specializing in intensive research for you
Type Your Question Here...

What paperwork is needed to transporting cremated remains to vietnam

My wife was born in Vietnam and has recently died and we want to take her cremated remains to her family in Ho Chi Mihn city.
Category: General
Expert:  Don replied 9 years ago.

Thankyou for your question.

My sincere condolences on the passing of your wife.I think it's wonderful what you are doing,

The USA does allow the transport of cremated remains however you will need to travel with the remains unless you don't mind them traveling in the maze of suitcases,boxes,golf clubs,etc.

What I'm sending you here is the particular information concerning the transport of the remains. If you'll send me your state I will look for any particulars that may affect you.

There is a lot of information for you to consider so take your time (you have over 18 hours left on this question) and let me know if you've any questions please.

I'm here to help.

You really need to read all of the following links to make the trip successful.Be sure to check with whomever cremated your loved one to see if there's any local laws you must adhere to.They are usually happy to help.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Don's Post: We live in California.
Expert:  Don replied 9 years ago.

Hello,thank you for your reply.

The remains may not be transported without a certificate from your county health department.You will also need your wife's cremation certificate.

Reference which explains more: