How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Don Your Own Question
Don, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 734
Experience:  Specializing in intensive research for you
Type Your Question Here...
Don is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What paperwork is needed to transporting cremated remains to vietnam

Resolved Question:

My wife was born in Vietnam and has recently died and we want to take her cremated remains to her family in Ho Chi Mihn city.
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Don replied 10 years ago.


Thankyou for your question.

My sincere condolences on the passing of your wife.I think it's wonderful what you are doing,

The USA does allow the transport of cremated remains however you will need to travel with the remains unless you don't mind them traveling in the maze of suitcases,boxes,golf clubs,etc.

What I'm sending you here is the particular information concerning the transport of the remains. If you'll send me your state I will look for any particulars that may affect you.

There is a lot of information for you to consider so take your time (you have over 18 hours left on this question) and let me know if you've any questions please.

I'm here to help.


You really need to read all of the following links to make the trip successful.Be sure to check with whomever cremated your loved one to see if there's any local laws you must adhere to.They are usually happy to help.


Don and 45 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Don's Post: We live in California.
Expert:  Don replied 10 years ago.

Hello,thank you for your reply.

The remains may not be transported without a certificate from your county health department.You will also need your wife's cremation certificate.

Reference which explains more: