Viki
Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.
1680453
Type Your Question Here...

A persistent caller, (XXX) XXX-XXXX, calls me more times a ...

A persistent caller, (XXX) XXX-XXXX, calls me more times a day, but when I pick up they do not say anything. What are my recourses, in a matter like this? I am registered on the DP NOT CALL REGISTRY, but that does seem to stop them! When I wake up in the morning, when I go to bed or bathroom they seem to know every move I make in my house. They call more times in the day, it is a nuisance! If I go out and when I come back home, there is that caller who does not leave message or say anything. It's as if they are saying, I know your every move and I want you to know it, and you cannot do anything about. I saw your site and thought you maybe to help me. Unless they are calling from many numbers, the first number that differs the last that number(NNN) NNN-NNNN Would appreciate it if I could find the correct number from an answering machine that only state the number once, it only repeats if one leaves a message. I'll continue to listen for the next call.

Hi-

Well, these calls are clearly from an automatic dialer, which means that it is not someone stalking you. Nowadays, many companies do not just use telemarketers, but they use taped messages, and whichever company is calling you has a defective computerized message. Instead of playing it, it is silent until it reaches the end of its message time. You can report this to your phone company and see if they can help block it. In addition, the company calling you could be fined, because there is a fedeeral law that requires a company to connect the customer to a live person within 3 seconds if they are using an automatic dialer. To file a complaint, go to this page: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall/