Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.
Type Your Question Here...

my question is; suppose i was sitting at the bar in

my question is; suppose i was sitting at the bar in the local VFW post w/ my hat on.the tv was going to play the National Anthem before a ball game Is it proper to remove my hat? should everyone? should anyone?
Category: General
Expert:  Viki replied 9 years ago.

In response to your question the answer is yes, hats should be removed. United States Code Title 36 Chapter 3 says, "Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart..."

You can find this national anthem etiquette here: -It is located almost at the bottom of the page