Viki
Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.
1680453
Type Your Question Here...

Markerting

Visit the Colgate Palmolive web site located at www.Colgate.com.
How does Colgate's Web page build a relationship with its customers?
Category: General
Expert:  Viki replied 9 years ago.

Well the first thing I notice is the dropdown box at the top which allows customers to choose their country, so that the page they view is targeted towards their interests and culture.

The site projects a wholesome image with pictures of children using their products and a prominently featured kid "fun" page that customers can click on.

The site is friendly towards those who are not particularly internet adept. Instead of having their products listed in a vertical row on the side, or worse, not actually listed on the front page at all, (forcing customers to search the site) pictures of Colgate-Palmolive's products rotate on the title page, so that customers can simply click on a picture they recognize to find out more.

For more sophisticated visitors, there are subject headings and an easily identifiable search feature. Also, one does not need a site map to find out how to contact the company; a prominent button is displayed at the top of the page. I think this is the most positive aspect of their webpage. Unlike many corporations, this tells their customers that they are not afraid of complaints, that they are reaching out to their consumers, rather than hiding from them.