John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
53785
Type Your Question Here...

HOW MANY YOYO'S ARE IN THIS PUZZLE

Customer Question

YOYOOY
OYOYOO
YOYYOY
OYOOYO
OYYOYY
Category: General
Expert:  Tracy replied 7 years ago.
Hi Customer,

If you're looking for just YO, then I see 9. This only counts the ones on each line, not using the Y and O from 2 different lines and not going backwards.

If you're looking for YOYO together, then I see 2.

I hope this helps!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO I am looking for yoyo up down back forward and diagional ...any way you can connect the yoyo
Expert:  Tracy replied 7 years ago.
Going up, down, diagnal, forwards and backwards, I count 13
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Number of YOYO's is 11. Here is table representing all the possibilities.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

You can also use this file in Word in which you can let Word find all matches using the Find command.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: THAT IS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER...IT IS WHAT EVER CONNECTS... I JUST TRIED 13 AND WAS WRONG
Expert:  Tracy replied 7 years ago.
In that case, my answer would be 8
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

My answer was 11 not 13 as shown in the table. You may be looking at the other expert's answer.

john

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
STILL WAS NOT 11 OR 13 THEY WERE BOTH TRIED
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

OK. Let's first make sure that the original list is correct. There was another customer recently who had the same question. Their list was exactly like yours except for the last line which was OYYOYO instead of OYYOYY . Can you check your list again and confirm.

Thanks

Expert:  Tracy replied 7 years ago.
There are 11. I worked it out myself and came up with the same number as John.

Going left to right 2

Going right to left 1

Going top to bottom 3

Going bottom to top 3

Diagnal 2
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
YOU ARE CORRECT SORRY I HAVE MS SOME TIME I MISREAD
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Tracy's Post: THAT QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED 11 MANY TIMES AND TOLD NO
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

So, do you want the answer now based on the last line being OYYOYO instead of OYYOYY?

Expert:  Tracy replied 7 years ago.
If you are using the OYYOYO instead, the answer would be 12

Going left to right 3

Going right to left 1

Going top to bottom 4

Going bottom to top 2

Diagnal 2
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
YES .. AND I AM SURE THE SAME PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR THE SAME REASON
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

OK. give me few minutes, I am preparing a new table for you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
BUT THEY SAID THEY CAN CONNECT WITH IN THE LINES GOING INTO THE NEXT EX;; YOYOYO THERE WOULD BE TWO FORWARD AND ONE BACK .. I AM SURE IT IS THE SAME GAME SHOW THEY ARE ASKING ABOUT .. BECAUSE THE ANSWER 11 HAS BEEN GIVING MANY TIMES...THE SHOW IS OVER FOR TODAY AND NO ONE WON .. IT IS ON, AGAIN ON WEEKENDS AT 1AM TO 3 AM
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

There are only 11 full YOYO's in the new list. You can check for yourself in the table from the file file below (you can use the Find command looking for YOYO's).

file here

However, the question that was asked by the other customer was slightly different. They wanted to know how many YO's there are, and then combine them to find out how many YOYO's you get. In that case the answer is 52 YO's making 26 full YOYO's.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Tracy replied 7 years ago.
Can you use 2 lines to connect? Example (in red):

YOYOOY
OYOYOO
YOYYOY
OYO
OYO
OYYOYO
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
YES
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Great. Please don't forget to click the Accept button. Thanks.

Expert:  Tracy replied 7 years ago.
Okay if it can go from one line to the next, there are 18

Going left to right 5

Going right to left 4

Going top to bottom 4

Going bottom to top 3

Diagnal 2

What about this combo, does this count (see red), or does it have to go in a line?

YOYOOY
OYOYOO
YOYYOY
OYOOYO
OYYOYO
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Tracy's Post: in anyway they connect..
Expert:  John D replied 7 years ago.

Still confused? You won't be after this!

http://sg.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070323111928AARZGoW

Edited by John D on 3/31/2007 at 5:16 PM
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience: Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to John D's Post: I HAVE TO REPLY HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TRIED TO HELP ME...I AM THROWING IN THE TOWEL...AND AGAIN HOW HELPFUL.. AND BY THE WAT THERE STILL HAVE NOT BEEN A CORRECT ANSWER...
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU HAVE TRIED
SINCERELY
KAREN