angelkelly, Angel Kelly
Experience:  managing companies, experience as a homework helper for over 10 years,
Type Your Question Here...

Is it possible to ride on an elephant in the UK

Customer Question

My daughter would like to ride ride on an elephant. Is it possible without going overseas.
Category: General
Expert:  angelkelly replied 9 years ago.

As you know there are very few elephants in the UK.

I have located the only circus in the UK with an elephant, it is called the Bobby Roberts Super Circus. Heres the link:

The elephant (named Annie) no longer works in the circus as she is is 54 years old. But during the intervals in the circus there are opportunities to have your photo taken with her in the ring. Also after the circus has ended members of the public are invited to see the animal quarters where there will attendants to answer any questions you may have.

Most other elephants can only be found in zoos and it would be very rare for them to allow riding of the animals. But at least this way, your daughter could see a real elephant, pat it, direct any questions she has about elephants to the attendants and even have her picture taken with Annie. On top of that going to such a fantastic circus would also make it a trip to remember for all of you.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

I hope you found this answer useful. Please click on 'accept' if you are satisfied as that is the only way I get paid for my time. Positive feedback is always much appreciated.