StrategyGuide, Expert Research, Consultant, Coach
Experience:  Consulting since 1971 on human behavior, organization, and strategy issues. Enjoy helping people.
Type Your Question Here...

why is my tracfone service disabled

Customer Question

on the phones screen it says service disabled
Category: General
Expert:  StrategyGuide replied 9 years ago.

I am happy to answer your question.

The best way to find out why your tracgone service is disabled is to contact your service provider.

It is easy to forget to pay a bill, and that is a common reason why a person's phone service is disabled. If you have a cash deposit phone service, the value of your deposit to cover phone service may have been used up.

There could also be a button that inadvertantly got pushed on your own phone that disabled its transmission. [see added response below!]

The only way to be sure the reason why this has happened is to contact your phone service provider.

Another expert has offered some additional help. dzwreck5 has a suggestion.

"I just wanted to add one more suggestion to your answer. With a tracfone, a common reason for the phone being disabled is when you unsuccessfully attempt to enter the same code more than 3 times, your phone will lock and the prepaid function will be disabled. The customer needs to visit and choose the technical support option and then follow the online instructions to get the phone back up and running and out of a disabled status. I am not sure if this is the problem, but this is one of the most common reasons these phones become disabled."

Thank you, dzwreck5!

I hope this Answer will help you solve this puzzle. Please Accept my answer by pushing the green Accept button.

Sherrie aka StrategyGuide