John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Type Your Question Here...

credit built up

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
I am already quite a while in America, orinally from Germany, but I never built up a credit history, now since I need to purchase a car,.. it is very difficult, My sister helped me to get the credit from the bank in her name. We are planning to transfer all to me after six month , Meanwhile I have to build up a credit , in a short time.
I have already a secured credit card from my bank. I have a Macys card,.. 1) how can I built a credit fast.
2) the higher th eamount I purchase and the more I pay per month ? or is it just the fact of paying regulary even a small amount would help?
I get differen tinformation from different people.
Thank you for your advise.

Hello Daniela,

The most important thing is to you pay all your bills on time, all the time. It doesn't really matter if it is a small amount or large, as long as you do not default on any payment. The following website explains the criteria the credit reporting agencies use in rating your credit score:

But in general, there are a number of things you need to be aware of in building a new credit history. The following MSN Money article explaining these steps.

Hope this helps.