Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.
Type Your Question Here...

How do I remove newsprint marks from fine china dishes

These dishes were wrapped in newspaper to keep them from breaking during transit. They were not wrapped for more than 24-36 hours. Now, some of them have dark newsprint marks on them. I have tried everything I can think of to get it off without damaging the dishes. This includes: soft scrubbing products with bleach, barkeeps friend, goof off and rubbing alcohol. I have been able to remove some of the marks but not all of them. Please help! Thanks.

Try rubbing them with white vinegar, using a soft cloth. Make sure that you keep the vinegar away from any sort of metal (gold or platinum) trim on the china. Bar keepers friend is better used on stoneware rather than fine china. For future moves, you can purchase clean "white" newspaper for storage.

I hope this helps!,,284647_704185,00.html