Viki
Viki, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I have eleven years experience writing statewide educational tests for all levels.
1680453
Type Your Question Here...

What are transitive pictograph verbalizations

I saw it on a shirt, and I don't get it...
Category: General
Expert:  Viki replied 9 years ago.

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=647 - This is a copy of a t-shirt with the saying. The heart in the picture represents a transitive pictograph verbalization. "Transitive" in grammer expresses an action carried from the subject to the object. In the picture, "I" is the subject, "transitive pictograph verbalization" is the object and the heart is the transitive that completes the meaning. A pictograph is a picture that represents something. In this case, the heart represents love. "Verbalization" here just means that your brain has to make the connection between a heart and the emotion, "love".

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Viki's Post: So it's a picture that replaces a word and completes the sentence?
Expert:  Viki replied 9 years ago.
Yes